While we have seen many companies with competitive intelligence departments, and while an OPSEC group was mentioned in the movie Duplicity, we have never seen a company with an OPSEC, or counter-intelligence department.
Because counter-intelligence is not a normal part of business training and experience, outside help by experienced practitioners is needed in establishing a functioning OPSEC team.
While the actual effort depends on the number of divisions needing protection for the company in question, the pattern for establishing a corporate counter-intelligence department is fairly predictable.
OPSEC Corporate Time line
- Management Pre - Survey:
- 2 people for 5 days.
- Estimated 9 to 5 on site each day, plus an estimated equivalent time after.
- 1 person 1 month to put together information gathered into final presentation.
- 1 person 1 day for presentation.
- Individual site surveys.
- 3-4 people for a month with an equivalent number of local people.
- 1 man year of local staff with consulting and review as needed by client.
We invite you to contact us with any questions you may have regarding the identification, valuation, and protection of intellectual property and critical information.